DRIVERS MEETING ANNOUNCED FOR MARCH 15
There will be a drivers meeting for ALL divisions scheduled for Saturday, March 15th at 12 Noon. Location is still TBA but it will be either at the track or the Brandywine Steakhouse. Location will be finalized in the next few days and will be posted on both the Newport Speedway website and the Facebook page.
IMPORTANT UPDATE REGARDING THE 2014 SEASON
I know it has been a very long time since any status updates have been given in regards to Newport Speedway and the 2014 season. However new information is finally out and I can say that the track WILL be open for business in 2014. Important details are listed below:
- Ed Surrett has taken over Newport Speedway's operations for the 2014 season.
- The season will be comprised of 9 events. 7 races involving local division races and 2 races which will feature the Southeast Super Truck Series.
- For each of the local division events, there will be twin late model races, street stocks, FWD, Mini Cups and another division TBA
- The season opener will be held on May 10th. Other dates will be announced shortly.
- There will be two "away" races for the local divisions which will be run at Tri-County Motor Speedway on May 17th and October 18th. The lower divisions of Newport Speedway will act as the support divisions for the Southeast Super Trucks who will headline both of these events. THESE RACES WILL BE POINTS RACES.
- Admission to Newport Speedway will be $10 for general admission and for tier parking $15 per car, $10 per person. Pit pricing is TBA.
- Rules for FWD and Mini Cup should remain the same as last year. There may be some slight rule changes for the LM and SS divisions. Those rule changes will be announced when available. Nothing major, just some tweaks here and there.
That's it for right now, I apologize that information hasn't been forthcoming until now but as I've said in the past, I can only post what I know. The website, located at www.newportmotorspeedway.com will undergo a facelift and will reflect all of this information as well as any new information that will become available.
Thanks again for your patience, and here is to a start! Please share this with your fellow fans and competitors of Newport Speedway so everyone knows and be sure to follow us on Facebook.