TEST 'N TUNE SESSION THIS SATURDAY
4/23: The first Test 'N Tune session for the 2014 season will take place this Saturday from Noon to 4:00pm. Gates will open at 11:00am.
RULES FOR 2014 NOW POSTED
3/21: Rules for 2014 have been posted. Most major changes have occurred to the Late Model and Street Stock divisions which are primarily focused on motor, weight and carburetor rules while the FWD and Mini Cup division rules remain unchanged from last season.
Click on the "Rules" tab on the menu to view rules.
2014 SEASON SCHEDULE NOW POSTED
3/17: Newport Speedway announced its 2014 season schedule today, a schedule which will feature 11 races, two of which will be "away" events at Tri-County Motor Speedway in Hudson, NC along with the third annual Davy Crockett Championship.
Of the 11 races, 7 will feature Late Models as the headliners, competing in twin races each night. The other 4 races will see the Southeast Super Truck Series as the headliners.
Support divisions will be compiled of Street Stocks, Front Wheel Drives and Mini Cups.
In early September the 3rd annual Davy Crockett Championship will be held. The event will mark the final appearance of Late Model class of the season as they compete in multiple features through the night through it's own points system to declare an overall winner. Details on the event will announced at a later date.
Updates on rules are expected to be posted shortly. When they are, track officials will let competitors know when they become available.
For the most up to date information on "The East Tennessee Bullring" visit our website at www.newportmotorspeedway.com or follow us on Facebook.
IMPORTANT UPDATE REGARDING THE 2014 SEASON
I know it has been a very long time since any status updates have been given in regards to Newport Speedway and the 2014 season. However new information is finally out and I can say that the track WILL be open for business in 2014. Important details are listed below:
- Ed Surrett has taken over Newport Speedway's operations for the 2014 season.
- The season will be comprised of 9 events. 7 races involving local division races and 2 races which will feature the Southeast Super Truck Series.
- For each of the local division events, there will be twin late model races, street stocks, FWD, Mini Cups and another division TBA
- The season opener will be held on May 10th. Other dates will be announced shortly.
- There will be two "away" races for the local divisions which will be run at Tri-County Motor Speedway on May 17th and October 18th. The lower divisions of Newport Speedway will act as the support divisions for the Southeast Super Trucks who will headline both of these events. THESE RACES WILL BE POINTS RACES.
- Admission to Newport Speedway will be $10 for general admission and for tier parking $15 per car, $10 per person. Pit pricing is TBA.
- Rules for FWD and Mini Cup should remain the same as last year. There may be some slight rule changes for the LM and SS divisions. Those rule changes will be announced when available. Nothing major, just some tweaks here and there.
That's it for right now, I apologize that information hasn't been forthcoming until now but as I've said in the past, I can only post what I know. The website, located at www.newportmotorspeedway.com will undergo a facelift and will reflect all of this information as well as any new information that will become available.
Thanks again for your patience, and here is to a start! Please share this with your fellow fans and competitors of Newport Speedway so everyone knows and be sure to follow us on Facebook.